I gave in and admitted that God was God.

3.21.2007

Lost

Lost was amazing this week. The writers seem to be bringing back the signature wonder of the show that has unfortunately been missing for most of this season. The emotional and ironic dance between Locke and Ben was excellent. Locke is my favorite character, so having an entire episode devoted to him that answered so many questions while raising so many more was a hay day.

The thing that makes this show work is the fact that it is character driven. Not only are the writers of the show focusing on the development of the characters, but a few of the characters themselves seem to be focusing (almost as if its their job) on other characters' development. For me, so far, the island feels like a sort of purgatory where people are taken to figure out their problems and be challenged, and then let go once they "get it". I know its not that simple, but the whole thing has a "rehab" vibe to it. Every character has a mountain to climb, and the sooner they climb it, the sooner they get to leave victoriously.

But I really have no idea what is going on...and I kind of like it that way for now.

1 comment:

Phillip said...

I thought Lost was pretty amazing this week as well. Even when episodes are mediocre (this one def. wasn't) the writing is still better than most TV shows. The chemistry between Locke and Ben this Wednesday was just great.

I was worried that the answer to why Locke was in the wheelchair would be unsatisfying, but it most certainly was NOT! Pretty shocking. And extremely sad. No wonder that guy wants to stay on the island.

I also think this "magic box" is how Jack's dad and Kate's horse got on the island as well.

But I'm leaving room for error.