I gave in and admitted that God was God.

5.21.2007

icky rockstar bird

The White Stripes have a new album coming out June 18! AHH! This is awesome schnizzle! The first White Stripes song I heard was Seven Nation Army nearly 4 years ago and I have been in love with them ever since. The husband and wife duo have a very unique style and avoid recording with modern technology, but interestingly this tactic doesn't make their music sound outdated, but refreshingly original. It just sounds very, very cool. They sound like a four or five person band, but its just the two of them bringing their grinding pieces to fruition.

Their promotional song for their new album is Icky Thump, a song that leans on their familiar thick marching beat. I put in the playlist (-->) so you can listen to it if your wittle heart so desires...

-------
I saw 28 Weeks Later this weekend (my "cheat" review is to come) and it reminded me how much I enjoyed John Murphy's soundtrack from 28 Days Later, its prequel. His "rock band" music is back again in 28 Weeks Later and is just as fitting as ever. The film's theme song "In the House - In a Heartbeat" is in the playlist (-->)...if your wittle heart so desires.

-------
more eclecticism:
Last year I heard that Sufjan Stevens was going on tour. So I went to find out where, and alas, he was coming to Los Angeles...but the bastard had already sold out all 3 of his shows. I didn't cry, yet, but I was thoroughly bummed. A few weeks after his show though I came across a video of one of his performances. I watched it, and that's when I cried (figuratively). I missed out on a song he presented for the first time during the tour. The song, Majesty Snowbird, is incredibly beautiful. The quality in the video isn't that great because it is from a portable camcorder, so it gets a bit shrilly and has the atmosphere of a failing high school talent show performance at times. But just wait until it comes out on disc in full fledged surround sound. Angels are anticipating the day.


Majesty Snowbird - Sufjan Stevens

No comments: