I gave in and admitted that God was God.

7.26.2007

youtubeoverdose (seriously, 10 videos?)

Its been a while since I have had a good healthy fix of YouTube (two days, actually). But here are a few videos I have weeded out of the murky halls of the cyber galaxy. Try not to watch them all at once...it might result in an overdose. If that happens, you're screwed. Like me. Don't do it man!

Arrested Development
: one of the best (in the Top 10 somewhere) television shows ever. And yet, only three seasons. Booo!


---Escape from Iraq: Arrested Development Style



---Oh, Tobias.



---Here's the deal: Tobias "left" his wife and now wants to see his daughter, so he pulls a "Mrs. Doubtfire", but calls himself "Mrs. Featherbottom" and then shakes in a bit of "Marry Poppins'" umbrella floating...or tries.


------
Besides the fact that this entire music video is one shot, there should be no (if I were healthy) other reasons why I should like it. And yet, there are many. Forgive me.



-------
Monty Python's The Meaning of Life: "Every Sperm Is Sacred"

It's Monty Python. You know the drill. A little bit of crassness here, a little vulgarity there, a butt-cheek or boob flash anywhere...but its OK...they're British.





-------
Michel Gondry: the director of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (my favorite movie (ever), but for reasons I'm not yet sure of...)



Speaking of which:



-------
Judy Garland

---And you thought Frank Sinatra sang the best version of this song...
(For the record, I love Frank Sinatra. He got beat by a girl on this one though.)

---disclaimer---

3 comments:

Phillip said...

Ahh, Arrested Development. I think its going to be a yearly tradition for me two watch all three seasons in a week.

Favorite Tobias line: "Well, yes, but I'm afraid I prematurely shot my wad on what was supposed to be a dry run, if you will, so now I'm afraid I have something of a mess on my hands."

I don't think there has ever been a comedy as fluent in the language of double entendre as AD. I miss new episodes. I think I'll post my two favorite clips up at my page later...

-----

Python. Just genius. It makes me sad that people always watch Holy Grail and never realize the brilliance of Brian (my favorite), Meaning of Life, and Flying Circus. It's just too classy for some people, I guess.

raymond said...

Tobias is hilarious.

Phillip said...

BTW, thanks to you, I've had Every Sperm is Sacred in my head for the last 48 hours. Thanks alot.

:-)