I gave in and admitted that God was God.

6.11.2007

so.

I started cleaning my room about ten minutes ago (ya, this late/early) and what should I stumble upon but a bag of four glorious books that I splurged and bought at a Barnes and Noble in San Diego three weeks go. How very, very lame I feel at the moment for buying them and then tossing them in my closet with the refreshing socks and sparkling clean underwear. Lame, lame, lame.

The four:

Suffering and the Soverignty of God by John Piper
To Kill a Mocking Bird by Harper Lee
Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky

...and last, but definitely not least (this book would make tree-huggers wail)

War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy

I'm not half as smart as any of these books seem to suggest. I'd almost call them "ego-purchases" except I actually do want to read them and don't want them looking pretty on my shelf (or in my closet in a bag with the sparkling clean underwear). But seeing as I am nearly if not slightly more busy now than I was during the semester, it may be a while before I finish one.

Here's some good news though! I am abandoning my room cleaning expedition right now and putting on my sophisticated spectacles and spontaneously hopping into bed with Mr. Piper! (his book, that is...)

Wish me luck.

No comments: